Saturday, June 30, 2012

Busy Busy! (28 Day - Day 13)


Today has been full of busy errands, a pool party, and proper use of my time! Went to get some fluid changed in my car and while waiting I went for a run. Ran/walked 3 or so miles (google maps says it's 1.7 one way) to the farmers market and then paused to check out prices. This place is sadly more an indoor grocery store, but with more plants and products than produce. Kind of disappointed. The prices weren't good and there weren't even a lot of local stuff.
While getting my car washed, I walked the 1.2 miles to the Walmart and grabbed some avocados, lettuce, a tomato and items for the pool party. 
By the time I got back home, I had so much to do! Needed to do laundry, clean up, make lunch (as I was starving), and make fruit kabobs for the pool party.
Breakfast: Banana -- I think this is what I had...can't remember now...
Lunch: 1 pkg sprouts + 1 tomato + serving homemade creamy avocado dressing -- I made a dressing that was SO good! I was kind of impressed! It probably had too much fat in it as I did a small handful of walnuts ground up, then used one of the avocados (these were SO good for Walmart!), added 1/2 a juiced lemon, some water, the juice of a tomato, cayenne, little salt, sprig of dill, and lots of morjaram. It was so tasty!

Afternoon: Fruit kabobs + Watermelon + 2 shots of alcohol -- I stayed away from all other stuff at this bbq, but I was so hungry! Next time I will bring more than just fruit to eat. The kabobs had apple, pineapple, strawberry, and some had kiwi on them. They were very good! I was being the DD for my boyfriend, but I was talked into (I did the talking on the first one) 2 shots....they weren't full shots and I spaced them out over the course of 6 hours. Mostly I just drank water the entire afternoon/evening.

Snack: Salad + leftover creamy avocado dressing -- I was so hungry by the time I got home, but I was also SO tired from being out in the sun basically all day. I got a little bit of energy when I got in the house, otherwise I imagine I would have just gone to bed. I did make a little salad and finish off the dressing (I noticed it doesn't really keep with the avocado in it). 

No comments:

Post a Comment