Friday, June 15, 2012

Snick Snacky (Day 19)


Movement:
Sun Salutations
IT Band Stretching

Short night! I really wanted to go running, but I'm too tired for that, so I did some stretching to get myself going and hopefully will get back to my routine tomorrow.

Breakfast:
Green Smoothie
2 Oranges
1 Banana
1/2 Bunch Kale
Water

I originally only had 1 orange, but it needed a little more sweetness, so I added another. Either I had too much kale or the kale just tasted funky; not sure. It still tasted good, was just different or 'off' from the normal. 

Snack:
Toasted Hemp Seeds
Pear
Apple

I've never had hemp seeds and apparently I bought toasted :(  I was slightly discouraged! I kept wondering why they were so salty and crunchy and then I realized they weren't what is normally pictured. So, that stinks. They're also pretty addicting! I am making the tabouli recipe next weekend, so I bought these with me, but I guess I'll have to go find raw ones and stop snacking on these!!!

Lunch:
Cucumber Salad

Holy cow…I don’t know that I’ve ever had anything better on this menu than this! SO GOOD! I was so excited to eat this. I added some sea salt and did balsamic vinegar and olive oil to taste. Seriously…this was delicious. I wanted to save some but couldn’t stop eating it!

Snack:
Couple Grapes
Bowl of Cherries
Handful of nuts
2 Sips Chardonnay

I've been snick snacky all day. I haven't had enough water either. Worked 12 hours today and really thought I wanted a glass of wine, however the 2 sips I had gave me an INSTANT headache, so I stopped and refilled my water bottl.

Dinner:
Kale & Chard Salad
½ Bunch Kale
½ Bunch Chard
½ Red Pepper
1 Tomato
Toasted Hemp Seed

Dressing
1 Avocado
¾ Lemon Juice
Tomato seed/juice
Water
Salt/Pepper
Cayenne

I meant to let the kale, chard, and dressing sit all day, but I forgot, so I massaged it for a little while. It was a little tough and between the two leaves, there was a LOT of food. I have some of it sitting in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment