Wednesday, June 27, 2012

1/3 Liquids & 90% Raw (28 Day - Day 10)


Movement: Stretching + IT Band Exercises -- I didn't quite do as much as I wanted, but I got some movement in! More than the past few days!
 
Breakfast: 5 Grapefruits Juiced -- Grapefruit are expensive right now, so I opted for 5 instead of 8 when shopping.
 
Lunch: 24 oz Watermelon Juice -- I borrowed my boyfriends blender, which is much better than my Ninja, and it really made this a drink whereas mine made it more a slushy I had to chew! Good stuff. I like to keep it chilled when at work.
 
Lunch: Southwest Salad with avocado, black beans, roasted corn, chives, cilantro, and spicy ranch dressing -- I had actually ordered olive oil and lemon dressing, but they didn't bring it; however that isn't an excuse to just eat the dressing anyway! I could have come up with something, I'm sure. I bet there are lemon slices with the ice tea that's always brought. The salad was free, though I didn't really need it. I would have been fine with my watermelon juice. I chose to eat it, though...mainly because it was free? I don't know why. I don't think I was particularly hungry if I thought about it, but I WANTED to be and I wanted to eat. Work in progress. I've definitely not skimped on the liquids today. I had a full 32 oz when I woke up this morning, plus the 32 of grapefruit, another 32 of water before lunch, and 24 of watermelon juice.
 
Having ate it, my stomach is doing little gurgling noises and feels rather bloated. There was 3 things on that salad that could have done it, though I'm going to guess it's the dressing since ranch is made from dairy products and other processed crap. I also just yawned...which I was fine before. Good to know what it does to me!
 
Snack: Peanut M&Ms -- I have not had a chocolate craving (well aside from the one after dinner I mentioned while in Denver...which was raw food according to the chef, so I'm confused on that one...might have just been the combo from the day) and I know that it means I'm missing something. When I crave specific things I'm missing some nutrient. I just need to figure it out! And, figure out how to beat said craving. I'll get there, though. Good thign is, I'm motivated to go run tonight!
 
Movement: 60 min Walk/Run -- I did about half and half running and walking. It's 104 outside with humidity at 23%. Needless to say the trail was pretty empty! I loved this though. I didn't sweat nearly as much as I normally do (probably a bad thing? I've had PLENTY of water and other liquids today already--maybe it was the watermelon juice! It's hydrating, right?). My running was slower at the beginning than what it usually is, but it picked up as I kept going, which is opposite! I averaged 12.5 mph, which in this heat is totally acceptable. I did make sure to go to a trail that was heavily shadowed by trees. It was definitely bearable in the shade. 
 
Dinner: Large handful Almonds + Pate and 3 Sheets Toasted Nori -- I could not do a sweet smoothie tonight after my workout. I craved salt...craved greens. Granted, I had none since I shopped Mon-Wed and Thurs is a fasting day...sooo I thought about making taco meat, which is what this pate started out as...thought I could put it and celery slices inside the nori sheets, but it turned more into a pate with the celery blended in it. By the time I actually got done making it I wasn't hungry anymore...I really craved those nori sheets, though! Totally ate them... wish they had been raw, but it was what I had on hand. Not sure about my experiment with the taco meat turned pate. I added too much balsamic vinegar and my attempt to correct, it just turned into a pate. I probably won't be eating the rest of it - haha. Sadly, the mass amounts of fat did not settle well and wound up reappearing later....should have stuck with the fruit!
 
 
 
Today I did an experiment: I did not wear deodorant. I also did NOT smell. Even after running and sweating!! Flippin' awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment