Friday, June 29, 2012

Allergies? (28 Day - Day 12)


Started the morning off realizing my watermelon half and cantaloupe had gone bad...so I didn't really have juice this morning. I did make the carrot and beat juice. There was more than the 24oz container would carry, so I drank the remainder. Felt really weird drinking it...I took my vitamins (which I've cut down to just the ones originally perscribed after surgery) with it and was really full and it just ...was weird. I can't even describe it. I couldn't even drink water until getting to work.
 
Lunch: Left over Baby Kale + Walnut/Almond dressing + 1/2 Avocado + sprinkle of pepitos -- This was really filling and took me awhile to eat...probably all the fat and protein in the dressing!
 
Snack: Carrot Beat Juice -- I used 3 golden beats since that's what came in the bundel (couldn't find regular at Sprouts and these were organic). Same reaction as this morning with this. I couldn't drink it...it's like my stomach became immediately full. I did not have this reaction with the red beat last time. Neither of my ingredients last time were organic. I would take a sip and there'd be this seizing, constricted type feeling. I've never had an allergic reaction to food, so I don't know if this is what that is?
 
I just love opening up beats... the red ones are so beautiful in coloring. These aren't quite as stunning, but they are definitely a golden yellow, which is very pretty! My drink is definitely not as appetizing as it was with the red beat...
 
Dinner: Plate of fresh/mixed fruit + glass of wine -- Went to see a movie with a friend at a dine-in theater. There were not many options for food. If I were to make a salad friendly it meant getting rid of all ingredients but the lettuce. They did have a fruit plate so I opted for that. It came with some fruit/citrus yogurt that they drizzle over top but I asked for it on the side. It tasted so horrible. I dipped a finger and was grossed out by their homemade sauce...ew. The wine I kind of wish I hadn't bought, mostly because it was $8! Next because it took me forever to finish... My body just didn't want it. 
 

SnackAvocado -- I was pretty hungry when I got home today, so I ate this. Haven't had one by itself in just about ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment