Sunday, June 3, 2012

Not a fad (Day 7)


Can't believe the end of this day marks a week! Crazy!
Another productive morning! Got up and dropped the cat off to get shaved (it's so hot in Texas and he has mass amounts of long hair), then walked for a little over an hour, picked up stuff at the pet store, and then got my groceries done! All before noon! Yeah! I like these days. Need to do some actual work work, which means I'll be sitting my rear on the computer most of the afternoon. Kind of stinks.
Had a talk on the walk today with the boyfriend. He's very supportive, but also expressed concerns that this is extreme. He is slowly trying to eat healthier, but loves meat and cooked food. He wouldn't ever be able to "give up" anything, but can definitely limit consumption. I applaud him for that. I told him this didn't feel like giving up anything. He didn't quite understand. His main problem with my new eating habit is that before, on my other diet fads, he was willing to meet me half way, but now it seems I'm just getting further and further away. He dislikes the fact that we can't eat together/eat the same thing, though he's willing to try some of my meals. And I will get him to join me in trying the raw food restaurants in town sometime! I guess I understand his issues, but I'm okay with having to cook separate meals (we don't live together, so meals together are usually weekends only). 
It stinks he doesn't get it, but he's not criticizing my choice. He just wishes there COULD be a middle ground rather than my running the opposite direction. With all the other workout regimes and diets tried, I understand that he just sees this as another fad that I will slip out of, but honestly... I don't. I don't see myself going back. I like this. Just need to cut the date snacking!
-----------------------
Day 7 Happiness Exercise

What is Your Life Trying to Teach You?

My immediate response to this question was "how to live". Obviously I am living by the simplest of definitions, but often times I stress myself out trying to be too perfect, or trying to make a situation perfect. I've been learning more recently that imperfection is beautiful and makes us who we are. Imperfection IS life and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact it's much better than anything I deem perfect. I don't want to be a copy cat, I want to be my own, original self. I want to be me.

So, life is trying to teach me to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment