Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Travel Practice (Day 16)


Movement:
Yoga Poses
Stretching
Don't remember what specific moves I did yesterday morning, but my SI and Thoracolumbar fascia felt great all day! At about 4PM I went "Hmm...I don't hurt having sat all day..." It was a pleasant surprise! I didn't do all of the core strengthening since they are pretty sore today, but I did as much as I could remember for stretching and poses! I am pretty tired right now as I got up at 4 since I have to catch an 8AM flight and I wanted to make sure I got all of my routine in before being at the airport by 7. Essentially just had to do everything an hour early.
 
 
Breakfast:
Banana & Mango Smoothie
This tastes pretty awesome! Kind of wish it was a little colder, but what are you going to do. I peeled and cut up the mango REALLY easily this go around. Normally it's a hassle. Maybe this one I bought was more ripe than the others I've gotten; I don't know. I feared it taking up extra time today.
 
 
Snack:
Apple
1 oz Almonds
Blueberry Tea
 
I've been drinking a lot of water since this morning, but I can't shake this headache that I have. I think it was from flying...all the pressure. I was pretty hungry regardless of water when I got into the office at 9:30 and ate my apple and almonds I brought along. I have another set for the afternoon trip back.
 
 
Lunch:
Jason's Deli Nutty Mixed-Up Salad: organic field greens, grapes, nuts, dried cranberries, pepitas, raisins, organic apples + balsamic vinaigrette
Fresh Fruit Platter
 
This normally comes with chicken and feta, but I had that removed. IT WAS SO GOOD. I loved it. I will definitely order it again. Are raisins and dried cranberries considered raw? I don't know what they had in their dressing either, sadly.
 
 
Movement:
Walk around the building
5 Flights of stairs
In an effort just to MOVE since sitting in a conference room all day is lame and I dislike it greatly, I went outside on our 15 min break and walked around the building, then up the flight of stairs to the 5th floor. Felt good to move!
 
 
Snack:
Glass of White Wine
I did indulge in this with my coworkers as we waited for our flights! I kind of debated, but decided to go ahead after the long day. It didn't help my headache, but I don't know that it made it worse. By bed time I felt fine. I did notice it affected me much faster than it used to!
 
 
Dinner:
Celery Soup
Cabbage
I didn't buy sprouts, and my celery soup was just a little runnier than the consistency of guacamole, so I thought it a good idea to wrap it in the leaves of the cabbage I still had. Loved it! I actually only had 3 leaves before I packed it up for lunch tomorrow. My flight was delayed 90 min, so I got home quite late. Hadn't bought the coconut for the tacos, so I'll pick that up tomorrow and eat it Thurs for lunch. Really like the celery soup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment