Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hunger Returns (Day 13)


Breakfast:
1/2 Serving Almond Mylk
Cantaloupe Mylk
  
I wound up not finishing the almond mylk last night and drank it this morning. I kind of wish I had added it to the cantaloupe mylk to make it even more creamy! But I didn't think of that until it was gone. Darn. I realize that having made the cantaloupe mylk at my place and my boyfriend's with his blender...mine is inferior. His did a much better job. Mine is a Ninja and doesn't quiet get the particles as small. I had to sort of chew my cantaloupe mylk and with his it really was blended enough to be milk! Definitely need to get a new blender...
  
 
Movement:
~4 Mile Walk
 
There was much stopping during this walk as I took my camera with me. Need to make sure I'm comfortable walking with it and the lenses as I'll be taking it hiking in CO soon! Doing a better dry-run of how it'll be with a Camelbak and hiking boots tomorrow morning, but this at least gives me an idea! Had a lot of fun capturing flowers, bugs, butterflies, and birds!
  
 
Lunch:
3/4 Spicy Sprouts
Broccoli Salad Sprouts
2 Scallions
 
Dressing:
Avocado
1/2 Lemon
2 Tbs Olive Oil (for the extra sprouts)
Water (to make it more a dressing)
Sea Salt
Cayenne
 
Today was my company picnic at a little amusement park with carnival style rides. There was a BBQ in which I didn't partake. We went on a couple rides, including paddle boats, which amused me greatly! I kept trying to see how fast we could go by peddling as hard as possible, but really all I did was wear my legs out. I waited to eat until we got back because I figured we weren't staying long in the sun and heat and I didn't want to pack it up and be the only one sitting at a table with different food. I did grab another carton of sprouts because I figured I'd be starving, but truth be told, I'm sitting here eating it now and really don't want much. This is my first solid food since Tuesday. I guess that's a good thing that I'm not really that hungry? I love sprouts, though something in this, the combination or maybe not having eaten solids, is making the roof of my mouth raw.
 
Snack:
3 Apricot
 
I like these little suckers! I realized that I wasn't really hungry when I ate them; probably just needed water after being in the sun a good portion of the day. SO exhausted! I blended up 4 more apricot and stuck them in the freezer for a treat after dinner. I wanted to eat it right then, but realized that it might be a great sorbet!
 
Dinner:
Green Juice
 
I made this in advance Friday night so I didn't have to try to juice at my boyfriends. I look forward to having a juice extractor one day so I don't have to blend and strain! It's not a bad drink; definitely made a lot; it's just not very appealing to the eye.
 
 
Snack:
Frozen Apricot
Honey
Splash of Almond Mylk
 
This was so sour! Tried to add honey, which only solidified in the frozen, so that didn't work so well. Almond Mylk helped a bit! Should have added it when I was making it.
 
 
Snack:
Mixed Greens
Olive Oil
Spices
 
I found myself quite hungry this evening. Not sure if I just knew that it was because it was okay to eat solids or if I was actually hungry. I didn't have a large bowl of greens, but it tasted fantastic. I probably could have just taken my vitamins and drank some water and been okay, but I'm not ashamed that I ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment