Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mad Greeeenz (Day 9)


Breakfast:
Green Juice
I had to be slightly creative on this one as I don't have and can't afford a vegetable juicer! So, I blended everything as said (though I left about 3 leaves of Kale since I wasn't sure it would fit) with 3/4 cup of water for awhile, then strained it. Voila! Probably not quite the same! But it tastes pretty great to me and I wouldn't know the difference (literally, I've not ever had vegetable juice unless it was V8). :)  Can't wait to get my nut mylk bags! Would have made the process faster, easier, and less messy. My poor splatter guard is taking a hit!
Exercise:
Yoga Part 1 & 2
Physical Therapy Exercises
Roller Ball Stretching
When I'm consistently physically active, I am quite flexible, but not stretching for long periods of time really shorten the muscle! I noticed today while doing the yoga that I'm able to go much deeper into the poses and stretches, which is awesome! 
 
 
Snack: 
Green Juice
 
 
Didn't finish it all at breakfast. Definitely a different taste with the addition of the skins and cores! I drank it...not sure if I ENJOYED it. I think I'd strain it one more time next time (or just use my new mylk bags!). Maybe enjoy it more cold.
 
 
Lunch: 
1 Bag Lettuce
1/2 Cucumber
1/2 Bunch Dill
 
 
Dressing: 
1 Avocado
Juice of 1 Lemon
Cayenne Pepper
Dash of Salt
 
 
I added the remainder of cucumber that was used a couple days ago so it wouldn't go bad. I wish I would have not mixed it all together and saved half for later! It was definitely filling! I could have made 2 servings out of it, but since I mixed and didn't want to avocado to go bad, I ate it all. Perhaps a bit too much dill. I love these salads, though. :)
 
 
Movement:
Been keeping stretches going throughout the day. I had a meeting on my lunch so I wasn't able to get outside and walk or do yoga and what not at my desk. Trying to keep things limber, though!
 
 
Exercise: 
1h15m walk/run outdoors
 
Went down the path I had run down yesterday. The weather said it was 93, but the sun was behind some rain clouds, so it didn't seem as warm this time around. I did mostly walking, since I know all too well I shouldn't run back to back days. I did run for spurts of about 10 min :)  Felt so good.
I had actually basically talked myself out of doing this entirely because I saw that it was supposed to rain. I literally walked out of the office set on just going home and telling myself I'd do the video exercises (even knowing I wouldn't). I left my workout clothes under my desk. When I got downstairs I hit up the restroom and then basically scolded myself. I had nothing going on when I got home. Why was I not taking advantage of this and going for a walk? My SI joints had been hurting ALL day and walking/running really helps them get loose. What's a little rain? An excuse, that's what. So, I marched back up, changed into my workout gear, and drove. I set my timer for 30 min so I'd go 30 one way and then 30 back, but I kept going and very glad I did.
 
 
Dinner: 
Blended Salad:
1/3 Kale Bunch (finished it up from this morning)
1 Bell Pepper (didn't want the leftovers)
1 Cucumber
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
2 Tomatoes
1 Avocado
Dash Salt (I should check out these things mentioned in the recipe!)
Cayenne
 
 
Was totally apprehensive about this... But, I love all of these things in a salad and this is essentially what I do to it in my mouth, right? I blended 'er up! It's definitely too thick to drink, so I put it in a bowl and grabbed a soup spoon. It's pretty awesome! I really like it. However, there's SO MUCH FOOD. I'm pretty sure I should eat it all, though, at least after running 2 days in a row. I already know from experience that I don't eat enough calories when I workout and my body holds on to every ounce because of it. So, I'm just going to have to wait a bit before I get seconds.
 
 
Water Intake:
 
100+ oz
Sweet, sweet water...

No comments:

Post a Comment