Friday, June 1, 2012

Writing, writing, writing... Day 5


Day 5 Journal Exercise
---- My Favorite Forms of Movement: Walking, jogging, swimming, hiking, biking, flying (lol...hey I'm moving!), sports, dancing, yoga, boxing, weight lifting, skipping

I can't wait to be able to do a lot of these without lower back pain!!! 

Today I went in for my SI joint injection. I had said originally I didn't want sedative and then I decided I did, and then at the facility I flopped back and said no because I didn't want to have to pay for the anesthesiologist. Even though I will eventually be reimbursed, the initial fees come out of my pocket and I don't know how much insurance will cover! As it was, this procedure was $500! Needless to say, I'm shuffling money around... The pain kind of sucked...not going to lie. They numb you, but I usually need extra numbing (I have had 2 bad teeth fillings where I felt it! By different dentists too). I definitely felt when he hit the joint. Oy...

Anyway, I'm sitting not so comfortably on the couch... It throbs right now! I'm sure the numbing is wearing off. But, it hurt to sit before, so this is nothing new. 

Right now, my biggest worry is money!!!! Argh, I dislike you! I have a decent paying job and should be staying completely afloat, but student loans cost me $800 a month. That's a hefty chunk! $200 for the new car (which, after this settlement I should have paid off), and other expenses...it all just adds up! I never get to save :(  Especially with these expenses! My Personal Injury Protection maxed out with all the physical therapy, so now it all comes out of my pocket until I settle with the other insurance group. Luckily, in Texas, your PIP pays and so does the other insurance, meaning you are double rewarded! So all that money shall go into my car and any left over will be partially put into savings and thrown at the big interest loan! I'm glad to have paid off all my credit cards last year, at least. 

I just have no idea when that settlement will ever happen. I'm sure as heck not letting them try to settle until my pain is gone. I used to be so darn active! I'd hit the gym 5 days a week and hike the 6th. I miss this :(

On to better things! Of course, more money things...but whatever.

My 10 Year Class Reunion is coming up. I had planned on making it back for the weekend. The plan has grown exponentially and become awesome! I have a deadline that following week with a writer in Denver, so I will be working out of the Denver office that week. I talked them into letting me stay the entire week so I had that weekend to go hiking! MAN! I miss the Rocky Mountains!! My b/f is flying in for the weekend also to join me! This will be his first trip to Colorado. He might die with the high altitude (heck, me too), but we are going to have so much fun!! I can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment