Friday, June 1, 2012

Light Day! (Day 5)


Breakfast:
OJG (4 grapfruit, 4 orange juice)
Almond Mylk (5 regular dates added)

The grapefruit made my stomach hurt when it hit it. :(  Probably from the acid. I drank them separate. Because I'm fasting after 8 until my procedure tonight I also made the almond mylk and drank that as well. I'm glad I peeled last night! It took much longer than I anticipated. Kind of relaxing, though. I decided to strain the mylk (stovetop grease catcher! haha...) since I couldn't get it super blended with my Ninja. I saved the pulp since I'm sure it can be used for something! It tasted pretty darn awesome! I could make that a LOT. I didn't buy medjool dates (which are really just larger versions of what I had) and just added extra of the small ones.

I got to work JUST as a dumping spell hit. SO glad that wasn't while driving. I've not had one quite this bad I don't think. Had to be from the all the sugar in the fruit juice. The previous fruit juice mornings I've only done 8 oz, this time I had 32! Oh man, did I sweat...and have blotchy eyesight! Dumping syndrome is a side effect of gastric bypass. I get it when I eat too much sugar in one sitting. I will probably have to cut down the amount of fruit juice intake. Today I really just wanted to get something in my stomach so it wouldn't freak out on me as I wait until after the injection procedure to eat again! If I'm lucky, I will want to just sleep afterwards, haha.

After the spell I was freeeeezing so I turned on my space heater which has made me ridiculously tired. Can't win! Totally want to sleep at my desk...
Snack:
Apple
10 Almonds
10 Dates (...what? lol)
In the end, I decided to just go with the local numbing for my SI joint injection...which meant I didn't need to fast! That's okay, though. My stomach was growling, but I was okay! I had a cup of water after getting it done (oh man, so not comfortable!). When I got home I was pretty darn hungry and had the snack. I'm sure I could have just downed some water instead since that was what the body REALLY wanted, but my brain was tricked into thinking I needed food since I hadn't eaten all day.
Dates might very well be the death of me! If I want something sweet, I tend to grab one...and then another...and another...ugh. 

Dinner:
Bok Choy
Green Onion
Avocado
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
Sprinkle of Sea Salt
Sprinkle of Chia Seed
Sprinkle of Sunflower Seed
I hadn't bought oregano and I really didn't want to smoosh the avocado, plus I had just watched a video on a recipe with bok choy salad, so I decided to make a salad. I've been craving it for awhile! The avocado diced kind of melted into the lemon and olive oil. This was definitely tasty! I want more... but honestly this is more food than what was in the meal plan for the day. I might go for some fruit tonight or a smoothie, but until then...I'm resting and catching up on water!
Snack:
Couple Handfuls of Kale
16oz Pure Coconut Water
1 cup Frozen Strawberries
1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries
3 Dates (again, seriously)
Tbsp Almond Pulp (from this morning)
Funny how a fasting day turned into a EAT MORE THAN ANY OTHER DAY day.... I guess I really do rely on water to keep me full. I don't really like that my brain thinks every craving or "hunger" pain is really meant for food. Today, it literally was water, but for whatever reason I kept wanting to eat to try to get water. I'll have to work on this. Hunger doesn't always mean food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment