Sunday, June 10, 2012

A little off menu (Day 13th)


Movement:
Yoga
Stretching
Physical Therapy
I didn't actually do the videos today, but I knew the movements well enough to go through them. I did forget a couple poses and remembered them at the end. I really enjoy this ritual of doing this as it's helped my back quite a bit!
 
Breakfast:
1/2 Papaya
1 Pack Blueberries
1 Apple
1 Banana
1 Pear
2 Kiwi
1 Orange
 
I've not ever had papaya before (that I know of) and I must say, it has no taste. I wasn't impressed with it, that's why I only threw in 1/2. I only had about 1/3 of this for breakfast as I am heading out to do a dry run 6 mile walk. I love this, but it's definitely way too much food. I didn't add the juice from 1/2 an orange and I definitely noticed the difference. I enjoyed the juice more than without. It was filling and delicious, nonetheless.
 
Movement:
6.3 Miles (~1 hour 50 min)
 
Since we are going hiking in Colorado soon, we wanted to make sure that we could indeed do 6 miles. Not sure what trail we are hiking and if it will only be 6 miles, but it sounded like a good number to shoot for. We actually had a time limit as well, so we just set our timer for 1 hour in one direction. Brought our Camelbak and my camera since we'd be carrying it all on the real trail. It was a good walk. My feet ached a little towards the end and I could feel it in my joints. Definitely felt it after getting out of the car once home again!
 
Snack:
Rest of Breakfast
 
Lunch/Dinner:
1/2 Kale Bunch
1/2 Romaine Bunch
1 Tomato
1 Avocado
1/2 Lemon Juiced
Spices
Kosher Salt (didn't have sea salt)
 
I really wasn't in the mood for a smoothie, especially not a sweet one with fruit after the ginormous bowl in the morning. Decided to make up a salad with the normal dressing of avocado, lemon and tomato juice. I massaged the kale into the dressing to soften it a bit. Half of it currently sits in the fridge since it was still a little too rough. Otherwise it's great.
 
Snack:
Tsp Raw Honey
1 Orange
 
After dinner I craved something sweet. I had frozen a banana and mango to make some ice cream, but it wasn't quite finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment