Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Making it up as I go (Day 17)


Movement:
Yoga Poses
Stretching
Legs, Arms, & Core
 
Felt pretty good to get all this done this morning! Definitely feeling it. I might have done a little too much arm stuff because my lower back flared up. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Breakfast:
Banana
Apple
Orange
Blueberries
1/2 Orange Juice

I could cut out one more fruit and find this filling, though I love the combination of them all! I wish it kept better so I could do half and half... Maybe I'll try that anyway.

Snack:
1 oz Almonds
 
I needed a little pick-me-up as I knew I wasn't going to make it until lunch time! I was reading about how long almond milk will keep because the stuff I made last Fri is bad...it only keeps a few days, so that makes sense.

Lunch:
Celery Soup
1/4 Cabbage

I so love this simple lunch! Spread some celery soup onto a leaf and crunch your way to tastiness! It's so filling too. I didn't eat very much of it last night, so I imagine I could get 2 servings out of this total, using 1/4 of a cabbage each serving. Perfect! I'm going to save some of this for an afternoon snack since I'm stuffed and half quite a bit left.

Movement:
5 Flights of Stairs

Didn't get out for a walk today :(  Work for the next week is going to be crazy busy...lots of hours. I did try to stretch a lot today and went up and down the stairs. I'll probably add some more as I go along since we're on the 10th floor.

Snack/Dinner:
5 Dates
Various Nuts

Had a lot of prepping to do tonight for my 10 day journey to Wyoming and Colorado! My Mom is doing some grocery shopping for me for the weekend. I'm bringing nuts for the menu I came up with and then some for snacking and trail mix for the weekend after this. I have so much food that is going to go to waste! Luckily 2 items, papaya and cantaloupe, can be frozen and now are.

Because I'm trying to eat everything up, I wanted to make some sort of salad with a creamy dressing that would soften kale and cabbage as it sat. I was REALLY impressed with what I made! I went to Renegade Health because I had looked at the recipe for ways to use bok choy in the previous weeks. I didn't have a lot of the ingredients, but I did have the nuts (though not as much), garlic, cilantro, thyme, parsley, sea salt, cayenne, olive oil, tomato guts, and water. No idea what measurements of any of those, but it tastes AMAZING! It's probably THE WORST THING FOR YOU! So much fat (good fats at least!) and calories...haha....it made enough to coat the kale and cabbage and then to add romaine, avocado (as if it needs this, but I need to eat it) and tomato. It would definitely be fabulous on it's own with romaine added in before eating. I made some up at the very end of the day (can't eat while I want to be productive or I'll get sleepy) and I can't finish it...way too full. Probably all the nut snacking and the fact that this salad is just HEAVY. There's probably 2-3 more servings..plus what I didn't eat, which is a serving...ugh...I might have to freeze some more fruit (apples and oranges freeze well????) and eat salad in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment