Thursday, June 7, 2012

C-H-U-G-H-2-O! (Day 11)


I went to school from 3rd-12th grade in Chugwater, Wyoming, the home of the Buffaloes. The team cheer seemed rather fitting for today and I got quite the chuckle typing it out. As I was looking online for the Welcome to Chugwater sign (that I thought we surely had; the painted one will have to do), I was amused to find several photos of people standing by the road sign, chugging water. Clever folks.

I am combining the food and regular journal today due to the fact that I will not be eating and I figure most of my writing will be trying to coax myself OUT of eating.

What I need to remember today: I will not starve to death.

The human body can go quite some time without food. It will not hurt me to go a single day. It might PAIN me, and I will hopefully discover ways to drown that out today. It's a mind game that I will win. A mind game that will have me watching the clock...a lot.

In the morning I'm usually pretty good about not being too hungry. The evening is when it gets unbarable. Right now my stomach is doing that burning, gnawing sensation, but I have a trusty bottle of water to sip on. I'm not downing it like I have been the past couple weeks, but I'll definitely be drinking all 96+ ounces.

---------------------

Pretty irritable today. Probably down right cranky. I'm also uncomfortable, but that might be my posture work at home. I can either stand, sit on a stool, or sit on the couch. None of which seem that great of options and are aggravating my back.

For some reason, I'm having a light TOM, which I just had mine 2 weeks ago. Is it the change in diet? It started yesterday after my long walk. Perhaps it's the liquid fast. I don't know, but I suppose it's not cause to worry just yet.
----------------------
My irritation quickly subsided once 5pm hit and I went for an hour long walk outdoors. That really is a relaxer for me. I think that was my main reason for being cranky. It's cloudy out, so my apartment has been dark most of the day and I was busy working; cooped up Jen is not a happy Jen.
I realize I need to go grocery shopping for the rest of the week. I'm glad for this because it will be more time spent outside the apartment. When I'm actively doing things I don't think about food. There have been times when I've accidentally fasted most of the day because I was busy doing things. I'm sure I made up for it when I realized I hadn't eaten, but you get the idea. 
-----------------------
While walking around Sprouts, it dawned on me that shopping for food was probably quite cruel when you've been fasting all day. However, it didn't really phase me. I got my groceries and left. Even at home, as I cut up cantaloupe (they were cheaper than watermelon) and got lunch's juice ready, I was okay. There were definitely times I had to stop myself from sampling a piece of cantaloupe or trying the juice, but it wasn't because I was hungry, it was just something I am accustomed to doing. 
I really wanted to come home and go run or go for a walk again, but it was 9 by the time the groceries were put away and I had to prep for tomorrow. Made me kind of disappointed.
I end the day with a tinge of a headache, achy ribs, a very bland mouth, well over 96 ounces of water drank, and excitement for juice tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment