Monday, June 18, 2012

Beginning the 28 Day Transition Phase


During the 21 Day Cleanse I stuck completely to the plan and loved it! I did partake in some celebratory wine, but the 4 glasses throughout were my only "cheat", so I'm pretty satisfied with this! I can't wait to continue this journey and play with all of the delicious recipes out there.

On a side note, I am currently in Denver, CO for the week for work, and then at my mother's in Cheyenne, WY for the weekend (where I was this past weekend). It will be a challenge living out of a hotel room and office building, but I researched and found a raw restaurant not far from here plus a Mad Greens a block from work! I think I'll do just fine. :)


------------

What a day! I was up at 4:45, was in the office (literally 50 ft from the hotel) by 7 and didn't leave until 8:15. I didn't get any of my morning workout or routine in, but I'm okay with this since I wanted as much extra sleep as possible knowing the day was going to be ridiculous. Here's my list of foods!

Breakfast:
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
Honey Dew
Pineapple
Orange
Grapefruit
Dried Blueberries
Dried Cherries

I had the buffet at the hotel restaurant and just did a small plate of various fruit. I plan on doing this every day! Not sure if the dried fruits are just dried without extra anything, but I'm assuming so.


Snack:
Apple
Handful of nuts (almonds, pepitos, walnuts)

I brought these with me from home knowing that I'd need snack items at work.


Lunch:
Mixed Greens + Romaine Lettuce
Avocado
Mixed Peppers
Edamame Beans
Cucumber
Scallions
Roma Tomatoes
Cucumber Dill Dressing

There are a couple different salad companies in Denver. I can't remember what this one was called, but I just made my own and added raw ingredients. This one isn't quite like Mad Greens in it doesn't have as many raw options, but it was still pretty good. I don't know about the cucumber dill dressing -- it wasn't bad at least!


Dinner:
Mixed Greens
Avocado
Green Pepper
Grape Tomatoes
Pepitos
Scallions
Carrots
Mushrooms
Shallot Tarragon Vinaigrette

THIS salad was at Mad Greens. It beat the socks off the other one! I tried a couple vinaigrettes before the Shallot Tarragon and oh my goodness this is so good! Makes me question what’s in it… I enjoyed this salad a lot. It’s not too far from work and I got there just as they were closing at 8:30, but they were happy to serve me. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to make it down to the TAG Raw Bar this week, but with these late work nights I don’t know!

In all honesty, I didn’t really need to eat this salad. I wasn’t that hungry. Either the lunch filled me up enough or I was finally drinking the water I hadn’t most of the day. It was late and I could have honestly just gone to bed after an hour or so. I wish I would have, really! Saved myself some calories! I need to work on that if I’m not hungry don’t eat thing…I get caught up in the “Oh, it’s dinner/lunch time...I should eat!” which, when I’m working out, I WILL, but days like yesterday when all I did was sit on my rear…it’s not necessary. My body doesn’t need all that food.

Snack:
Orange

Again…why did I eat you, Mr. Orange? You tasted delicious and I love having something sweet after a meal, but you were not necessary so late in the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment