Friday, June 15, 2012

Days 18 & 19


Yesterday was such a long day! I got up at the normal 5am and didn't stop until 1:45am. I had all of the items for travel laid out except clothes. After I figured out attire, playing Tetris with my baggage didn't take too long and I was slightly impressed with myself for getting everything for and extensive 10 days (5 days of business, 2 days of hiking, 3 days of leisure) into a carry-on size bag! I had hiking boots, 2 other pairs of shoes, and a Camelbak, plus 2 stacks of DVDs to return to my Mom too! The little roller bag for my laptop had my camera and peripherals, laptop, and other work items. Had to check the one bag since the laptop one is big enough to be considered the carry-on.

Anyway... I worked at home since I had a follow-up appointment and then was leaving for the airport immediately after. I work so much better at home. I am super productive! I don't know what it is about the office, but I don't want to work at all.

Wound up making my appointment earlier because I feared trying to get from the office to my friends place where I was catching a taxi to the airport. The drive is 30 min without traffic and it was going to be in the heart of rush hour. This cut into my work time, but I will be making up for it tomorrow.

Sat at the airport and did some work for about 90 min since I was early (good thing too!). The flight was supposed to be on time, but we boarded late, left late, and then had to go around a storm, so we were about 45 min late arriving in Denver. I would have had 30 min to catch my shuttle if we had been on time, but we landed when it left. You'd think I could just catch the next shuttle, but since I'm going from Denver to Cheyenne, the one after 9:05 is 11:30. That puts me into Cheyenne at 2am! Yeah, no thanks... I instead hopped a shuttle to Ft. Collins, which runs a little more often and Mom came to pick me up there. We got in and settled at about 12:45, which is 1:45 my time! I was hungry, but drank some water and flopped on the bed.

Now it's Friday and I have a long work day in front of me!

I've been snacking all morning. I don't know why. I'm on track for drinking water. I had a big green smoothie for breakfast... I'm pretty exhausted, so I wonder if I'm trying to keep myself awake by snacking... I so badly want some caffeine, just to get myself going. I'd down some water, like I normally do when I need a pick me up, but the water is shut off for maintenance right now so getting some and going to the restroom is a little hard.

------------------------------------------------------------

The day is essentially over and I worked about 12 hours. My eyes hurt, my back hurts, my knees hurt…I’m tired of sitting! Sadly I will be doing this Sunday so that Monday through Wednesday aren’t TOO horrible, albeit they will probably still be.

I realized that I snacked A LOT today. I didn’t drink enough water either. I chalk this up to 3 reasons:

  1. Being tired – my mind thought eating would help wake me up
  2. Not drinking enough water – my body wanted and needed water and thus was trying to get it out of food
  3. Not working out – when I don’t work out, I crave foods…when I work out, I am hardly ever hungry

I need to remember these things and remedy them with sleep, water, and movement! I am glad to know that I’ve kept with raw foods, except the toasted hemp seed. Those kind of make me sad, but I’m almost out of them.

Tomorrow is going to be a great day! I am highly excited to get up and go running, go flying, photograph, hang out at my little town’s chili cook-off, and see people from high school. Food wise will be tough, but I’m okay with my ability to make proper choices. I’ll eat lunch or bring it with me before I go, take some fruit, and eat salad tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment