Sunday, June 3, 2012

A week? Really? (Day 7)


Breakfast:
2 Oranges (juiced)
6 Mandarin (juiced)
This was great! Mandarin are so much easier to juice than oranges! I used 6, instead because the 7 I had bought at Walmart were already going bad; had to throw one away. They're not really in season right now I guess? I couldn't find them at Sprouts. The boyfriend tried this and liked it a lot too :) He's a sucker for fresh orange juice.
Exercise:
1 hour walk
After dropping off my cat to get his hair cut we used the time to walk around a HUGE park where they were having a really big rugby tournament. There was also a group playing cricket. Attached to the park is a greenbelt that also attaches to another park. We probably would have gone further, but the boyfriend was wearing sandals that were not for long walking. It worked out pretty perfectly because I was able to grab cat litter and do my grocery shopping before walking in to pick up the cat just as they finished. Forgot to hit up the bank, so I think I'll walk there tonight if I'm not super tired.
Snack:
4 dates
They wouldn't fit in the container with the new ones I bought. :P
Lunch:
Gazpacho
Added Salt

WOW...this is awesome! I'm totally stuffed, but I want to eat the rest of this! I did add some salt, which makes me feel a little guilty that I'm not to that point of being able to leave it behind and enjoy the taste of pure nature...but...it tastes so good! I had no idea what gazpacho even was (funny how I've mentioned that a few times already and will probably throughout this program!) so I looked it up and then some other recipes. Those recipes were not so clean...but it did make me think I might add some diced onion at the end with the avocado next time! I hope there is a next time in the next 2 weeks :)  

I was unfamiliar with tarragon also, and couldn't find a package that wasn't semi-wilted looking or yellow and brown spotted, but MAN does that stuff smell amazing when freshly chopped! I added more than a Tbsp...so good :D

While I was cutting up the tomatoes, I saw that one was getting a little dimply when I pressed on it's skin. I knew it had to go today. When I opened it up it has SO much meat! I don't think I've ever seen that much meat on a tomato I've purchased from a grocery store--it's usually mostly seed and juice. I tasted a big ol' hunk and it was heaven in my mouth! Made me really appreciate fresh food...kind of wish I had saved it for a salad or just eaten it as was...but it tastes pretty amazing in this gazpacho. :) 

Snack:
1 Apricot
1 Kiwi
7 Dates (need to stop this!)
5 Almonds
5 Rings Pineapple

I've had a ton of water today (more than normal), so I'm not sure why I'm hungry, but I was...or thought I was. I have no will power when I'm around people. If they eat, I want to eat. It's especially bad with my boyfriend. Granted, I've not eaten anything but raw food, but I didn't need to eat all of this!

The pineapple was not ripe enough and my tongue and lips got the wrath of the acid! THEY HURT! Guess that's what I get, eh? Hopefully I will be able to taste food tonight :(  I guess if not, then I've had enough for dinner as is? haha...

Exercise:
~40 min walk

It might not have been that long, or perhaps longer, but we were gone for just over an hour. Walked to the end of the street, hit up the bank, wandered around Albertsons for the boyfriend's starving stomach, and then wound up going over to Jack in the Box. I watched him eat a chicken sandwhich and then we walked back.

Dinner:
1/2 Bag Lettuce
1/4 Bunch Kale
1 Avocado
1/2 Lemon Juiced
1 Scallion
1 Date
Thyme
2 Shakes of Sea Salt

Not sure I liked the avocado dressing sweet. I love it with lots of lemon juice...probably won't add the date again. Needed to use up the kale, so I chopped that up; same with the scallion. Overall, pretty great! Just not a fan of sweet avocado dressing and the kale is a bit tough with a spring mix.

Snack:
2 Spoonsfull of Watermelon
around 10 dates :(

Was getting the watermelon ready for tomorrow. I got a big one, so I cut it in half, blended half for tomorrow and chopped the other for whatever day we have it next.

I need to stop snacking on these dates! I love how sweet they are, though! It curbs my sweet tooth! But I eat too many. I did find out they only have 24 calories per date, but when I eat at least 10, that kind of adds up :P  Must ween myself! GRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment