Friday, June 8, 2012

Adapting -- Food Journal (Day 12)


Creative:
Writing
 
 
Movement:
Yoga Part 1
Yoga Part 2
Stretching
 
I've been looking up some things to help stretch and loosen the thoracolumbar fascia tissue. My SI Join Injection has yet to help and I fear if it hasn't after a week it probably won't, so I'm researching other options. I know that these tissue are extremely tight and hurt like the dickens when massaged or even poked at. One of the stretches talks about Sun Salutations! I now remember one of the best days I've had with my back being one where I had done the Yoga series several days in a row, the foam roller on that spot, and repeated forward folds all day long. I hardly had any pain that day. Pretty awesome!
 
 
Breakfast:
1 Cantaloupe Blended
 
Cantaloupe has much less water than watermelon and so it was more a smoothie that required some chewing! I added some water but that didn't help much. It was good, but I'd have liked actual juice I think. My stomach had a hard time with it right off the bat. I drank/chewed a couple gulps, then stopped. It almost seemed too much. When I do this for the 28 Day Transition I'll be sure to do watermelon after the fast. I slowly drank the rest on the drive to work, and then realized I probably should have kept that for a midmorning snack. Oh well...
 
 
Snack:
Yogi Skin Detox Tea
 
I don't think these are fully caffeine free (even decaff has a small amount) and might have a bit of "natural flavors" which makes them not wholely organic, but it has some great herbs in it that taste sweet. I've not had it in a week or so and the taste is so different. It's sweet and ...I don't even know how to describe it. It's just GOOD. I did just warm tap water and let it steep awhile. I only have 2 more 16oz servings of this and then I'll try to make my own teas. If I wind up with a headache from this tea, I will know it's the caffeine and might just forego those 4 teabags. Can't tell yet!
 
Movement:
50min Walk
 
 I feel extremely guilty when I'm on my walks and see a piece of trash. This happened yesterday as well. I vowed to bring a trash bag and gloves when I walk that path again so I can pick up all the big pieces. It pains me to see all the waste, especially in streams, rivers, lakes, and ponds. I realize that some of it was no one's doing, but most is just careless littering. We've damaged the Earth so much with our waste. I really wish humanity as a whole would step up and take care of it.
 
 
Lunch:
Bunch Carrots
1 Beat
16oz Coconut Juice
 
I didn't read the 1/2 a beat in the recipe and just did the whole thing. Never been a fan of beats growing up, but this is DELICIOUS! I will say that when I was cutting this up last night I about gasped at the BEAUTIFUL color of the beat as I sliced it open! It had been so brown and dirty on the outside and as I was washing it noticed the color start to show and then when I split it open was amazed. Can't judge a book by it's cover. Beauty is what's INSIDE! I've been noticing the rich, vibrant colors of produce as of late. My watermelon was another one I got excited over. I just love this beat, though. While blending it (since I don't have a juicer), I marveled at the orange and purple-crimson swirling around. This is one pretty drink! Straining it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R because there was so much pulp. I didn't want to bother opening a real coconut so I bought real coconut juice (which was cheaper anyway) and used half a can to help process and then added the rest to the juice at the end. Saving the pulp to hopefully make crackers! I don't have a dehydrator, but I'm hoping I can use my oven on the lowest setting. Only thing is it's ridiculously hot for such things and I want to be home the entire time. I might just freeze it until I get a dehydrator (or find the one I bought and somehow lost in moving). If you've not heard of using vegetable pulp for crackers, google it! All you need is your pulp, and chia seed gel (chia seeds in water for a few hours), and several hours of dehydration.
 
 
Movement:
Arm Strengthening
Swimming
 
I love having 10 lb weights at work! I did a bunch of reps of about 10 different exercises before leaving work today. Felt great! When I got home, I prepped all the stuff for Sat-Mon since I'm at the boyfriends all weekend (had to juice and make almond milk!), then when I got to his place we hopped in the pool for awhile. I did some laps and flutter kicked until my legs were sore. I love swimming. I LOVE diving under water and swimming across the bottom as far as I can go with one breath.
 
 
Dinner:
Almond Mylk
I made it a littler thicker than normal because I was making 2 servings. Six cups of water plus the almonds wouldn't fit entirely in my blender without making a mess. I might have added a few too many dates (small ones), but it tastes pretty awesome! I added back some of the missing water afterwards. I didn't have time to peel the almonds this time, but I knew that since I was straining with cheesecloth (doubled like 4 times) that it wouldn't have mattered having the skin on it. It is noticeably darker than mylk without the skin, but it tastes just as good! Can't wait to get my mylk bags so I can make this A LOT. I used all the cheesecloth up on this and the green juice for the weekend. Didn't feel that saving it was necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment