Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stress-ola (28 Day - Day 23 & 24)


The past 2 days have been HECTIC!! Work is insane with only myself...luckily the big project was finished at 1:30...the project manager had to deliver it by 2...he got there at 1:51. PHEW! So crazy.
I got my blood drawn yesterday--ELEVEN VIALS! Glad I have enough to spare...
I've definitely been cranky these past 2 days, though I'm a bit better today. I kind of snapped at my boyfriend last night...poor guy. Crappy thing is I didn't even care. Usually I am extremely apologetic after the fact, and while I knew that none of this was his fault and KNEW that I was treating him poorly, that didn't change my tune. I did apologize, but not like usual. Man I hope they figure out what's wrong with me.
Yesterday I also had a bazillion things not go my way and while I realized as I waited in traffic behind an accident delay that the Universe was teaching me patience, I was still slightly annoyed. 
The friend I had dinner with Monday found out she might have cervical cancer. It's not what's causing the rest of her issues, but it was sped up by the autoimmune stuff. Puts things in perspective. I at least will get some answers with my blood work, but she is a medical mystery right now. She's visited so many doctors and most have washed their hands of her because they can't figure it out and can provide no other help. REALLY sucks...
TUESDAY
Breakfast: Fasting for blood draw
Snack: Banana + Nectarine + Choco Pudding -- The nectarine was probably the best tasting one I've had in SO LONG. I didn't eat these all together, mind you...but shortly after one another! I was hungry after fasting for so long!
Lunch: Baby Spinach + Avocado + 1/2 Tomato + Hummus Dressing + Green Onion -- Pretty decent, though the avocado was not ripe, so most of it was in the trash!
Dinner: Baby Spinach + Tomato + Avocado/Tahini/bazillion other things dressing -- I REALLY dislike Tahini I've decided. I went to make one of the dressings...and wound up adding a bunch of other stuff to it to get rid of the tahini taste that sticks to everything! Funnily, honey seems to help get rid of it, though not entirely.
Snack: Banana + Nutritional Yeast -- Not together...I don't know why, but I REALLY like the taste of nutritional yeast! HOWEVER...I gave myself a niacin flush. I had a couple spoonfuls (weird, eh?), then went to bed and started getting serious itching and burning. Watched myself become a lobster...amusing and annoying! I had to look up what gave it to me. I've had it once before is the only reason I knew what it was. I was about to go for a run and took an energy shot to give myself an extra boost. I already take niacin pills and had no idea that the energy shot had so much in it... it was kind of scary the first time to say the least!
WEDNESDAY
Breakfast: Nothing -- Not sure how this is possible...
Lunch: Baby Spinach + Tomato + Shredded Carrot + Avocado Tahini Dressing + Olive Oil -- This tasted fantastic! Though, it might be because I was so hungry at 1:30 when I was finally done with everything
Snack: Peanut M&Ms -- Weakness! They didn't upset my stomach or anything, though I did notice a distinct headache, however I can't say that was from this because I've had them off and on the past couple weeks
Dinner: Kale + Tomato + Green Onion + Hemp Seeds + Chia Seeds + Avocado Tahini Dressing + Olive Oil -- I massaged the dressing into the Kale...so good! I am really digging the crunch of chia seeds, also
Snack: Carob Pudding -- Carob definitely doesn't taste the same as my Hershey's cocoa. Of course I accidentally added the carob as I would have the cocoa and the recipe called for HALF the amount if using carob! Whoops...

No comments:

Post a Comment