Monday, July 9, 2012

Eureka! Sort of... (28 Day - Day 22)


Well...yay! Incoming LONG POST -- sorry...I just kept typing.
Yesterday I felt like poop. Plain and simple. We went to do some archery with some friends. Now this is something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do. I love shooting guns (at inanimate targets, mind you). I was so excited to do a Groupon with people!! However, I did NOT want to be there yesterday. This whole thing has been permi-PMS basically. People asked me if I was okay. I just didn't want to talk. I didn't want anything. I wanted to go home and go to bed.
I called this new D.O. to try to get in and the next available New Patient appointment was the 26th...ugh. TWO WEEKS?! I asked her if she'd ask the doctor what I should do since I had been bleeding for over a month and was extremely fatigued. She said she would send the doctor a message and call me back. When she called she said someone had canceled and the doctor wanted to see me TODAY if possible. I said HECK YES! And took 2 hours to run up there, get a papsmear, extensive questioning, and 3 pages of blood work ordered. I like this lady. I've never had a doctor ask so many questions. She's the only one in that office and is a woman only doctor. I felt at ease talking to her. I went prepared with my list (though I would have liked to have my past lab work) of blood work I wanted done, plus all my symptoms. 
She can't be for certain what is causing the bleeding until the lab work gets back from the pap and blood tests, but she doesn't think I'm getting enough protein, however she wants me to keep track of what I eat to track it. She gave me the following stats to shoot for:
Weight: 160 lbs (I'm at 184 after food and clothed, so it's nice to see I haven't gained anything with my excessive hunger and no working out! However, I don't know that I will ever hit this number because I have so much extra skin...maybe if I got rid of it!)
Calories: 1600
Protein: 60g (90g if working out)
Now, I don't necessarily agree with all of that...I'm sure I'm eating enough food calories wise and I guess I'll try adding in raw vegan protein powder to a smoothie to boost it a little bit. I'm all about catering and tweaking my diet to what my body needs and in order to know what my body needs I need to do all of this blood work. I dislike counting calories and numbers...I used to obsess over it! EVERY calorie, EVERY gram of sugar, EVERY carb...and then I'd workout and burn like 800 calories and it would just throw everything off! It was maddening! I hated it (and loved it at the same time). I'm over that, now...I did do a day of tracking while eating raw and I was actually around 1400 calories doing one of the meal plans. I don't doubt I'm getting plenty. I'll do it, though. I want to figure this out and maybe I really am protein deficient! That can set your hormones off.
There's also the possibility of being anemic, which is common in bypass patients, though ALL of my blood work since having it done in 2008 has come back normal. Literally all of these issues started with going raw. I'd hate to see that happen. There's also the protein and then the estrogen deficiency, which are tied in together. The latter would require taking hormone pills or being put on birth control (I have an IUD, so double the birth control kind of sucks), which better not result in weight gain!!  lol...
Guess I'll figure it out soon. I'm thankful they were able to get me in and that I can get my blood work done tomorrow in the building right next to mine. Hopefully it won't take long to get everything in! I do wish I hadn't taken the half iron pill yesterday and today, though there hasn't been such a significant change, but there has been SOME change, which I'd hate to have my blood test come back normal if that was truly the problem. We'll see!
Breakfast: 2 Cups Orange Juice + Frozen Strawberries + Fresh Blueberries -- Actually made this Sunday morning, which I need to remember NOT to do because it congeals...not very appetizing...tastes okay, though once you mix for a long time and add some water.
Snack: Dried Apples, Apricots, Peaches, and Prunes -- This is actually what I had last night...I posted before the boyfriend got back from the store.
Snack: Left Over Blended Salad -- I was so hungry by the time 10:30 rolled around...
Lunch: 2 Boca Burgers + hummus + cucumber, celery, avocado, carrots + 1 tbs olive oil -- Out of these thank goodness! I wanted some protein, though and had these on hand. 
Dinner: Salad with mixed veggies + Olive Oil dressing + Raisins -- Went to Sweet Tomato with a friend for dinner (we had a woe is me health pity party) and had their salad bar...little expensive, but it's all you can eat! I had 1 heaping plate, and then a small one. Good stuff!
Snack: Chocolate Pudding -- Ate the rest of this. Didn't actually have any last night so I took it to work, just forgot about it...so I guess I'll eat that tomorrow sometime. Now that my avocado is ripe, I kind of want to make some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment