Friday, July 6, 2012

Nutty (28 Day - Day 19)


I went to bed rather early last night with the intention of getting up and doing some movement! That didn't happen... The crazy energy effects of the Dong Quai have faded and I'm really tired again. My diet has changed since the 21 Days in that I'm not doing the juices (though not on purpose, they're just time consuming and expensive!). Today was the first day in weeks that I've had orange juice. It takes a lot of effort to do green juices, but I would love to get in the habit of doing that every morning. I just need to find a juicer! Blending and straining takes at least 3 times the effort and time in the morning! I almost picked one up at Walmart last night, but I didn't. I'll go do some more research...
 
Movement: Yoga Part 1 & 2
Breakfast: Left over Tahini Yogurt with Blueberries & Banana -- I don't know that I enjoy this. It's too much tahini...too much nuts...and if you've read my blogs, you know that my body dislikes all the nuts I keep trying to feed it! I think I'll reserve the tahini for other things from now on.
 
Snack: 2 Cups Orange Juice and 1 Banana blended -- I was going to save this for lunch and try to do more liquids today since I've been eating a lot of nuts and heavy based foods, but I was really hungry...
 
Lunch: Salad from "Snappy Salads" - This was FANTASTIC! It's much like the salad places I went to in Denver, but the ingredients seem a bit more fresh. You also get 8 toppings plus a dressing for under $7. That doesn't include any proteins, but that's amazing compared to the others! I got the following mix: Romaine, Spinach, Cilantro, Basil, Tomatoes, Green Bell Peppers, Green Onions, Cucumber, Broccoli, Carrots, Edamame, Sunflower Seeds, Fresh Avocado, with South Texas Salsa and Chipotle-Lime Vinaigrette Dressing. When I looked up their menu online it had completely different options for dressings, so without knowing what these were (but knowing they were at least vegan), I went with it. They were definitely tasty! I'm going to assume the salsa had a lot of salt...and having looked up a recipe for Chipotle-Lime Vinaigrette, I see they're made with chilis in adobo sauce. I was kind of sad to see this and to find that there aren't any adobo recipes that don't call for cooking. The rest of the vinaigrette is good! I just need to figure out a substitute for the adobo sauce'd chilis! The dressing was awesome!
 
Dinner: Left over Hummus, chopped salad, 1/2 cucumber, green onion, and 1/2 a tomato -- Finished off the hummus. Wish I had brought this for lunch, despite lunch being really good. I didn't need to spend the money, especially after my big grocery bill yesterday! 
 
 
Snack: Dessert mix of Almond Pulp, cocoa (still don't have carob or cacao powder), dates, and water -- Once I added enough water to blend this together, it tasted great! I really wanted to make the pudding, but my avocado are so green it's not funny. They're currently hanging in paper bags with some green bananas. This sufficed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment