Monday, September 24, 2012

Raw Cleanse Reboot

I decided, now being armed with much more knowledge -- especially when it comes to raw and my body -- to start the 21 Day Cleanse today! I haven't gained back a lot of weight, but I did gain some pounds since the first round and having gone through all of the health issues.

Please note that the health issues were purely my own. I loved the raw diet, however, there are things that my body cannot digest (cabbage, broccoli, etc) unless slightly cooked. I'm also convinced that my body was "WTF?" having gone from eating fairly poorly to dropping everything (chicken and fish, sugar, grains, etc) cold turkey and hitting the raw hard. That's kind of how I am...though I did slowly get rid of the other meats and dairy, I dropped the others pretty fast.

So, I'm pretty determined to finish these 21 days again, without the hormonal imbalances! Honestly, the first cleanse was a HUGE success for me. This one will only be better!

Since having done the 21 and 28 day programs, I've stuck to lots of greens and meatless. I did add in some cooked legumes and quinoa as well as cooked vegetables here and there. I've gotten in the habit of doing a green juice for breakfast and will stick to it, even through the 21 days. There will definitely be meals that I substitute as there were a couple that I wasn't fond of. I'll just be doing ones that I loved :)

The point of doing the 21 days now is to get back on track because I foresee myself slipping further into the cooked realm and I dislike it! I've noticed a change in my body; fatigue being the main.

Here's my routine, most of which started during and after the first round of 49 days!

Morning Ritual:
Warm water and lemon
10-20 min meditation
Yoga stretches
Dry Brush
Netti Pot
Shower
Green Juice
Tea throughout the morning (will be learning about loose leaf tea making soon!)

Afternoon Ritual:
Lunch (salads mainly)
30-50 min walk (or run at the gym, haven't gotten to that point yet! I take lunch time to do errands too)
Snack (fruit usually as I crave sweets after lunch)

Evening Ritual:
Some form of exercise after work (walking, running, cycling, lifting, etc)
Dinner (this depends if I get home late, but it tends to be some form of salad or mixed bowl)
Prep food and clothes for the next day
Relax (if there's time left for this, lol...)

I definitely can't say that EVERY day goes exactly like that, but for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment