Wednesday, September 26, 2012

21 Day Cleanse - Day 3

Downed some more water before bed last night...was REALLY thirsty. I toyed with the idea of hitting up the gym this morning, but after searching the classes at all the locations around me, I was less than inspired. Forgot I was going for coffee/tea with a coworker on lunch today, so I will not be walking, but I did enlist another coworker to do a couple walks a week on our breaks. Start tomorrow! I'll be walk/running (not sure if my friend is or wants to run) with a buddy after work this evening. It'll at least get me moving! She's trying to get in shape after having put on quite a bit of weight. She does boot camp Tues and Thurs and now walking Wed with me. I'm determined to get my friends to socially move!

I could easily just go look, but I don't remember if I posted my excitement over volleyball Thurs! It's only practice and only to see where I might fit in with the different levels, but I'm so excited!! VOLLEYBALL! Man I love the sport. Depending on what team I wind up on will determine when practices are...and that might stink for my newly acquired walking buddies. They spread over Tues-Thurs with games on Fri.

Oh well, I'll figure it out!


Morning:
16 oz Warm Water & Lemon
12 oz Water
5 min Meditation
Quick Stretches/Core

Smoothie
4 Oranges Juiced
1 Banana
Handful Fresh Strawberries
16 oz Green Tea

I could not sit still for meditation this morning...not sure what the deal was but it's a sure sign I need to do it for MUCH longer. I decided to add in some strawberries to the blend this morning. They need to be eaten.

----------------------------------

Afternoon:
24 oz Water
16 oz Lemon Tea

Chowder
1/2 Bunch Celery
1/2 Cup Coconut Water
1/2 Tomato
3/4 Cup Brazil + Macadamia Nuts
1 Tbsp Agave
1 Clove Garlic
1/4 Onion
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Cayenne + Chili + Cumin + Salt + Pepper

The chowder is pretty great! Not sure why I didn't like the original recipe; perhaps the young coconut meat? I don't know. I'm eating it early so that I won't be too hungry while out with a coworker (I WILL be getting tea at this coffee house!). Granted, there's a TON of it and I'm darn full after 1/2...so I imagine I'll eat the rest later in the afternoon.



Afternoon Part 2:
Bunch of Grapes
Soy Mocha
Rest of Chowder

So that trip to the cafe I mentioned...yeah, well...they didn't have tea. They had coffee (apparently some vegan food too, but I already ate). The mocha was really not good. It was SO SWEET. I wish I had gotten just a coffee and had them put soy milk in it. It was bad. I wasted the money on that sucker and now have a horrible headache. Even my friend who had been there said it was more like hot chocolate than anything else. I have a headache to boot :(   The grapes were from my coworkers plate. She has food intolerance so I happily ate them. (Please note the chowder was after all of this!)



----------------------------------

Evening:
Black & Green Organic Mint Dark Chocolate
24 oz Water
Mini Cumin Nori Wrap Snacks (organic and raw from Natural Grocers)
Handful of Cashews
Handful of Organic Raisins
Handful of Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
10 Organic Baby Dill Pickles
1/2 Can Organic Olives

Random Salad
Handful Mixed Greens + seeds + olives
Homemade Dressing (Olives, Capers, Garlic, Mustard, Olive Oil, etc, etc...)

So I didn't wind up going to workout.... my friend had to work late. Little bit disappointed in myself. I probably should have gone on my own and I would have if I had been dressed. I was going to change at her place. As soon as I got home I knew I wasn't going out again. I dislike walking around my neighborhood. I stopped at Natural Grocers for the heck of it and kind of fell in love with their spices, nuts, and some of their produce. To my disbelief everything was organic and a LOT was cheaper than Sprouts! How did I not know this?!?! Not everything, mind you. But I will definitely be buying spices, nuts, and some produce there! 

When I got home I don't know why, but I was craving the crap out of salt. I wanted salty... I bought baby dill pickles and I couldn't stop eating them. And then as I was making the dressing I couldn't stop eating the olives. I also really craved mustard...to which I put on the sweet potato chips. Weird, eh? 

A friend asked if I wanted to workout in the morning, to which I said "Heck Yes!" We're off to do Pilates at 6. Whoohoo! I made the apple pie for lunch tomorrow and the cucumber salad (with vinegar, honey, and dill) for dinner since I'll be going to volleyball practice. :)  Excitement!


No comments:

Post a Comment