Monday, September 24, 2012

21 Day Cleanse - Day 1

This morning was a bit unconventional as I wound up staying at my boyfriends last night and leaving really early this morning to get ready at home. Luckily I had nice clothes to wear to work at his place and really just had to drop off the mounds of groceries for this week, make up my lunch, take care of the cat, and take off. I have some cleaning to do tonight, though... it's kind of a mess (at least to my standards, which are really high)! A friend is coming over to juice with me tonight, so I hope I have time to get it presentable.


Morning:
20 oz OJ (4 oranges)
Raw Tea
Vitamins
58 oz water

Been watching the clock from about 10:45 until noon waiting for lunch to hit. SO HUNGRY. I tried chugging water (hence the amount I've had so far), had all the tea, did some quick exercises, tried walking around...I think that's a sign that I really am just hungry. My head hurts, also. Perhaps because of the caffeine withdrawal? I have had some in the past few days!

---------------------------

Afternoon:
1/4 Cup Hemp Hearts
1/4 Bunch Cilantro
1/4 Bunch Parsley
1 Tomato
1 Avocado
2 Green Onions
1 Lemon Juiced
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp salt

I love this type of meal. IT IS SO GOOD! There is more than what the recipe called for, but I'm making it at work, so I didn't want to leave half an avocado. I did chop the herbs this morning at home and I apparently neglected the cilantro in the bottom of the fridge because it was all sorts of wilted! I put them in a jar with some water and then an open bag draped over top. The jar was void of water. Oopsie... I cut off the ends this morning and filled it with water again in hopes to revive it at least enough to get some use out of it until I go shopping again.

I need to get in the habit of not eating at my desk, or at least not being on the computer and doing other things while eating. I tend to scarf down the meal and not realize what I even ate or relax and enjoy the flavors of fresh food!

I still have some of this left and I'm quite full. Makes me happy.

---------------------------

Snack:
Organic Black & Green Mint Dark Chocolate
Apple
24 oz water

Somewhere along the line I got cravings for chocolate again. I don't tend to HAVE cravings unless I'm not eating optimally. Which was kind of my clue I needed to do this. I will slowly ween myself and hopefully just not have the desire to eat it at all soon!

I don't know what it is about apples, but they really fill me up...maybe because my body doesn't digest them so well. I don't know.


---------------------------


Evening:
Green Juice (carrot, celery, apple, cucumber, lemon)
Almond Cheese
Kit Kat

I went and had my second colonic and feel amazing! I am also STARVING. A friend came over to try out juicing. I gave her the recipes from Kris Carr and she chose this spicier one. It turned out to be EXTRA spicy because she accidentally got mustard greens instead of kale. Whoops! Probably not the best way to try juicing.

My green juice was about 32 oz...it was good, but I was so hungry afterwards. I've had so much water today! Probably need to eat more food. I had some almond cheese that I finished off and then decided it was a good idea to eat the remainder of a Kit Kat bar I had in the freezer. Um... it didn't taste good at all. Added to the fact that my Packers lost (good grief refs...)... :(  Anyway...it's at least gone now and the only chocolate I have in the fridge is organic dark....so no milk! I'm not beating myself up over it. It happened. I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment