Tuesday, September 25, 2012

21 Day Cleanse - Day 2

So hey... I woke up this morning and was HIGHLY disappointed with the scale; especially after having done a colonic and getting rid of so much.

Whatever; I will not be ruled by you, Mr. Scale!


Morning:
2 Glasses Warm Water & Lemon
20 oz. Grapefruit Juice
12 oz. Water

I remember the grapefruit eating the crap out of my stomach last time. It didn't this time around; not sure why. I will say that having drank all of that...I'm really quite hungry. I was tempted to eat the banana I threw in my lunch for emergencies but am deciding not to. What I REALLY want is some coffee. I don't know why I can't get the same satisfaction out of tea (maybe because it's not quality tea?), but it just doesn't appeal to me!

I'm going to drink tea, though.

---------------------------

Afternoon:
32 oz. Green Tea
3 Handfuls Mixed Greens
1/2 Large Tomato
1 Carrot Shredded
1 Avocado
1 Lemon Juiced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Dill, Rosemary, Chives

Definitely brought too much salad....buuut so tasty! However, I don't know about the rosemary. My friend has some growing wild in her back yard, so I went and trimmed, but I'm thinking I either didn't get the right plant (it was dark and the light wasn't working) or I trimmed in the wrong spot because it smells and tastes more like a pine tree - lol...but having looked them up online they are a woody plant. Guess, maybe I should just look for the younger parts of it next time.

I love the smell of dill :)   Chopping it up this morning made my kitchen smell sooo good. Speaking of herbs - update on the cilantro: it perked up and looks healthy! Water is amazing.

---------------------------

Evening:
48 oz Water
Raw Protein Bar (can't remember the name...)
3 Leaves Kale
2 Handfuls Lettuce
1 Avocado
1 Large Tomato
1 Green Onion
Cilantro
1 Clove Garlic
Cayenne
Salt
1 Lemon Juiced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds

Fitness:
Week 3 Distance Couch25K Run

Did week 3 of the C25K! I've done the timed version a long time ago, but this app has the distance version, which I'd rather do because you're not guaranteed to run 5k by the end of 30 min if you're slow! Lungs buuuurned, but it felt good. I didn't make it as far as I have in the past on the timed, but hey, whatev. I didn't want to push myself too much. Went the entire way one way so that I had to walk back. I stopped by Sprouts on the way home and picked up some items, including that raw protein bar. I need to make my own!

Definitely feel some great energy right now. I am making sweet potato chips via the dehydrator, I've signed up to try out a volleyball league, got multiple people to do a once a week run/walk after work with me (starting tomorrow with one friend!) and one will help me as he's already a runner. I plan on signing up for Warrior Dash next year (there's people wanting to join also!) and he's going to be my training "coach" - haha. I've gotten a lot accomplished today! Nothing was going on at work, so I was productive in other ways.

Dinner was late. I decided to massage the kale with half a lemon's juice and a little salt, added the lettuce, and then made some guac/salsa dressing out of everything else in that list. I'm going to fiddle with tomorrows lunch menu as I never found a young coconut and I was not a big fan of the recipe. Think I'll add in the half a tomato I have left and some other spices!

No comments:

Post a Comment