Tuesday, October 2, 2012

21 Day Cleanse - Day 8 & 9

So, it's been pretty obvious that I'm not good at sticking to this menu. I like following menus, but it's just me, so I tend to have food leftover if I follow it so strictly. This is not kosher! Not to mention, it's REALLY expensive (for me, who has a massive student loan monthly payment near $1k). I've been fiddling with alternatives. Here's what I know:

  1. I do great with salads for lunch because I'm at work; it's fast and simple and I love them (somehow I'm not sick of them yet...)
  2. Green juicing in the morning tends to leave me hungry around 10:30...starving by 11. Perhaps I need to try smoothies.
  3. If I eat slightly heavy at night, then I get really sluggish and don't want to do any of the chores I need to get done. Perhaps green drinks? Though, I'm usually craving something more.
  4. While I like the idea of some of these raw gourmet foods, I just don't have the time to make them. Maybe a couple times a month, but it's killing my wallet and my to-do list. So, I need to stick to simple!
  5. I'm usually hungry around 3. I should probably try to pack nuts and whole fruits. 

Combining the past few days since I've failed at keeping this going (it was an emotional day yesterday).

MONDAY 

Morning:
Warm Water & Lemon
Green Juice (Carrot, Lemon, Beet, Apple)
Maca Drink (raw almond butter, maca powder, carob powder water, agave)

Afternoon:
Tabbouleh
1 Cucumber
1/2 Tomato
1 Avocado
handful Chives
1 Green Onion
1/4 Parsley
1/4 Cilantro
Olive Oil
Sea Salt

24 oz Water
16 oz Green Tea

Evening:
Kelp Noodles
Cheesy Dressing
30 oz Water

Workout:
Week 1, Day 1 of C25K - Outdoors, Moderate Hilly Terrain (omg, it was hard!! I've been doing week 3 trail runs and this was a step back that kicked my rear!)


TUESDAY

Morning:
Warm Water & Lemon
Almond Butter
Maca Drink (almond milk, maca powder, carob powder, water, agave)
24 oz Water

Afternoon:
2 Handfuls Greens
Cheesy Dressing
Green Onion
1/2 Tomato
Sea Salt

32 oz Green Tea
2 Squares Green & Black Organic 85% Dark Chocolate
24 oz Water

Evening:
2 Handfuls Greens
Cheesy Dressing
Green Onion
1/2 Tomato
Pumpkin Seeds
Alfalfa Sprouts

20 oz Water

No comments:

Post a Comment