Wednesday, October 24, 2012

21 Day Cleanse - Day 12-21 Overview

Heeeey!

Alright, so it's actually been a 10 days after my little cleanse ended! I guess I didn't realize that the 21 days ended on the 14th...in my mind it was not until the 22nd or something... silly me.

Anyway -- my French friend left early Monday. I'm trying to get back to some sort of normalcy. It's ridiculous how vacation and/or having guests for a week or two just completely throws your schedule off track.

As I said, I introduced her to the raw lifestyle. We made kale salad with an avocado dressing, marinaded portabello mushrooms, green juice or shake every morning, faux-sushi rolls with cauliflower rice (first time, so great!), and a bunch of other random items. Because we didn't spend a lot of time at home together, we wound up going out as well, which actually became a blessing in disguise despite spending money. I was able to find some AMAZING restaurants in the area that I didn't know existed. Lots of vegan and raw places! Sadly, the one that I love the most is kind of far from me :(  They took me there for my birthday. It was so awesome. Their raw sour cream was DELICIOUS. I also found a raw restaurant not far from work, however it's quite expensive ($15 for 2 tiny kale enchiladas!) so I imagine I won't be going back.

This past weekend we visited the Texas State Fair and then the Texas State Veggie Fair the day after. LOVED the Veggie fair! There were food trucks and a bunch of local restaurants, plus the other booths were great. I learned a lot, signed up for a lot of worthy causes, and just had an overall great experience. Can't wait for next years!

Tried doing some running while my friend was in town. She had completed the Couch 2 5K last year and unfortunately is out of running shape...so we did more walking. Went on a hike, which was a big deal for her since she used to be extremely fearful of the woods. Sadly, I broke my pinky toe half way through (ugh, dastardly ninja stumps!). Can't wear shoes right now :(  Can't run... makes me SUPER SAD.

Hopped on the scale today and even without the working out as much over the past 2 weeks I'm still down 4 pounds after the cleanse! I will say that it doesn't seem like a lot, but I'm a pretty tall and thick woman with a lot of extra skin from so much previous weight loss. Pretty sure my body is about at it's ideal weight and I just need to work on toning up.

That is my next task! As soon as my toe heals....

No comments:

Post a Comment